« Home | How To Maximize The Power of Attraction Accelerator » | Portable Generator Safety Tips » | The Collapse of Enron: Managerial Aspects » | Cisco Unity Express - Creating Non Dialable MWI Ex... » | Why Purchase a Home in Florida Real Estate? » | Tiguan Volkswagen - Review » | Are You A Bitter Baby's Mama or A Wise Single Mom?... » | Belly Fat: Enough of That! One Probable Cause of ... » | How to Test Your DSL and Cable Internet Connection... » | Move Your Body, Move Your Mind » 

Tuesday, November 6, 2007 

Does Obesity Require a Physical or Mental Solution?

Unhealthy Food Advertising

The fact that the US is currently suffering from an obesity epidemic is not just a random occurrence. How many dump trucks could be loaded with 100-dollar bills from money poured into unhealthy food advertisements? I would imagine quit a lot. There are several commercials advertising healthy food and fitness equipment, but by comparison they are almost negligible.

How Does Advertising Effect The Average Obese American?

I believe advertising has a huge effect on when we eat, why we eat, and what we eat. When I was obese, I made a startling discovery. Believe it or not, I ate even when I was not actually hungry. My body wasnt giving me signs such as my stomach growling, but my mind told me umm that would taste good! . When did my mind tell me that? Right after I saw an advertisement. So I ate when food was available or when I got a craving from an advertisement, not when I was actually hungry. This created a large problem. The number of calories I was eating was far greater than the amount that could be burned from a reasonable amount of exercise.

What Can I Do About it?

Television has become a large part of American culture and fast food advertisements are not going anywhere. We have to learn ways to deal with these advertisements. Below I have listed a few ways.

1. While watching your favorite shows, turn the channel when a commercial comes on (something were good at anyway).

2. Do a 5 minute exercise routine during commercial breaks.

3. Have a scale in your living room. When a commercial comes on, stand on it.

4. Watch TV with people who want you to loss weight.

5. Be creative! You can think of a lot more ways to preoccupy yourself during commercials.

Conclusion

You must have a physical and mental solution to attack obesity. A physical solution would be a way to burn more calories than you eat every day. Your mental solution would be how you will resist eating when youre not actually hungry.

Hello my name is Jay. I was obese for several years until I finally took action and lost a lot of weight. If you are as tired of being overweight as I was, then try my Free Weight Loss Exercise Program

Online Learning Yoga Trading Companion Cool Cool Online

About me

  • I'm 10869
  • From
My profile

Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates